Field Specialist LWD
- Job Function: Field Operations
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/10/2018 3:53:01 PM
- Job #: 1801135
- Location(s): Argentina; Neuquen; NEUQUEN
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Field Specialist III LWD / MWD positions for Neuquén.
Under minimal supervision provides resolution to a diverse scope and range of complex problems at the well site where analysis of data requires having a broad knowledge of the product line's tool(s) and/or service. Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure the Field Supervisor has met objectives. Acts as a project leader and mentors junior field engineers. Expected to maintain frequent intra-organizational and external customer contacts with a high degree of professionalism. Executes other related duties as assigned. Conducts all business activities in accordance with BHGE HSE policies, legal compliance requirements, and BHGE core values.
- Determine the appropriate action in the well, based on standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Responsible for recognizing the operational status of tools in the well.
- Rig UP / Rig Down Activities
- Continuous monitoring of the well.
- Generation of MWD / LWD Registers.
- Engineer (Oil, Electronics or Systems), Geologist.
- 5+ years’ experience as Field Specialist LWD/MWD.
- Knowledge of drilling horizontal wells in Shale and tight sands.
- Good aptitude for mechanical and electronic problems
- Excellent attention to detail and analysis
- Advanced English
- Driver's license.
- Ability to work well and communicate well with others.
- Must be an expert in Microsoft office systems.
- Availability to work in shifts of two days of work for one of rest: 20x10.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: Argentina; Neuquen; NEUQUEN
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network