Staff Software Architect
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/16/2018 5:52:11 PM
- Job #: 3046416
- Location(s): United States; Louisiana; New Orleans
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
You will be working on multiple projects as a project leader or internal consultant. You will work on projects for components of the domain.
In this role you will:
- Participate in the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction.
- Assist in the analysis, design and development of a roadmap and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
- Gather and analyze data and develop architectural requirements at project level.
- Participate in the EA (Enterprise Architecture) governance model.
- Support the development software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
- Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in IT OR Master’s degree with 6 years of experience in IT OR PhD with 3 years of experience in IT
- GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Must be willing to travel 10%
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Understands technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
- Understands concepts of setting and driving architecture direction.
- Familiar with elements of gathering architecture requirements.
- Understands architecture standards concepts to apply to project work.
- Understand key cross-functional concepts that impact the organization; is aware of business priorities and organizational dynamics.
- Coaches and mentors team members.
- Familiar with concepts of costing hardware and software components. Works to assure work is on-time and within budget.
- Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals. Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits.
- Participates in change initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback.
- Applies values, policies, procedures and precedent to make timely, routine decisions of limited, clear choice.
- Reacts open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate.
- Resolves day-to-day issues related to strategy implementation. Escalates issues that impact the client and/or strategic initiatives.
Locations: United States; Louisiana; New Orleans
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network