- Job Function: Sourcing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/18/2018 8:50:37 AM
- Job #: 1715069
- Location(s): India; Maharashtra; NAVI MUMBAI
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Offers the opportunity as an experienced Buying/Procurement Specialist
to join the team in Mumbai,India.
· Under direct supervision, provides support to Procurement staff.
· Inputs and verifies correctness of data.
· Timely order conversions from purchase requisitions considering predefined criteria.
· Follow up with the suppliers to get timely confirmations on the orders.
· Maintain good communication with cross functions & suppliers to assure timely delivery of materials and services.
· Resolve inbound shipment issue with logistics & warehouse.
· Resolve delivery, quality issues and cost through problem solving and supplier performance improvements.
· Assist in the identification and elimination of non-value added steps in the supply chain.
· Follow up with the accounts payable and vendors to resolve invoice issues.
· Extracting and analyzing reports and then generating/maintaining graphical representation and dashboards for purchasing department.
· Prepares and maintains routine data files and reports in compliance with established policies.
· Actively uses continuous improvement tools to improve quality, delivery and customer satisfaction.
· Assists with special projects as assigned. Conducts all business activities in accordance with BHGE Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and BHGE Core Values.
· 2 - 4 years of experience in Procurement
· Bachelor Degree in commerce / science
· Good MS-Excel Knowledge and SAP - MM
· Mechanical/Electrical Engineer
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Good analytical, math, communication and interpersonal skills.
Locations: India; Maharashtra; NAVI MUMBAI
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network