- Job Function: Sourcing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/18/2018 10:49:28 PM
- Job #: 3045388
- Location(s): Singapore; Singapore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Manage the buying process for a given set of goods. Apply sourcing policy, interface between supplier and entity with respect to specifications and budgets. Positions requiring understanding of a concepts, methods and procedures to enable sourcing execution.
Place and follow-up on POs. Manage relationships with suppliers for PO execution. Manage problems and schedule changes. Update ERP. Assess supplier capabilities and make recommendations on supplier acceptability. Understand strategies for assigned commodities & proactively drive initiatives to meet Sourcing objectives. Analyze and track Supplier promise date accuracy and develop reports to ensure Supplier promise date accuracy .Support commodity buys. Writes reports to track PO activity and supplier performance. Communicates with direct team and supervisor. Presents to internal teams on metrics, project status and research. Elaborates proposals for improvement in approaches, methods, procedures and processes in the own field. Contributes to project as a team member.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Sourcing).
• Purchasing Systems experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Good negotiation skills.
• Team Player and grooms the Team-Ability to be a self-starter and team-builder
• Able to manage leadership meetings and presentations
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Highly motivated team member / leader
• Ability to make formal and appealing presentations
Locations: Singapore; Singapore
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network