Sr Software Engineer
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/22/2018 11:51:38 AM
- Job #: 3045681
- Location(s): United States; Texas; Houston
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As a Sr Software Engineer, you will be responsible for leading and contributing to both front end and back end development within Drupal 8. You will be working on business critical customer facing web CMS applications such as BHGE.com, the BHGE employee intranet and various eCommerce integrated solutions. You will have the opportunity to play a vital part in a brand new and skilled CMS development team and shape the design and development of these critical, high visibility applications.
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
- Ability to take ownership of medium & large tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
- Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices.
Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
- Demonstrates awareness or product positioning and key differentiators.
- Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
- Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
- Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
- Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and non functional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
- Participates actively in Scrum team following Agile/TDD/BDD approach.
- Has experience in understanding user story from Product Manager & UX Team and develop features that meet all acceptance criteria of Product/Functional Owner.
Understands various parameter like code coverage, security checks, automation etc. and nurture the quality of code that helps feature deployment with ease.
- At least 2 years of experience with CMS Platforms (Drupal 7/8 Preferred).
- Drupal & AGILE related certifications.
- Previous experience working with third party development agencies.
- Technical Expertise:
- Previous experience working with document management solutions.
- Previous experience using AGILE tools such as CA Agile Central (Rally)
Locations: United States; Texas; Houston
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network