NA HR Service Center Advisor - Houston, TX
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/2/2018 7:50:17 PM
- Job #: 1801801
- Location(s): United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a North America Service Center Advisor in Houston, TX.
- Policy and Process Interpretation
- Participate in special projects as assigned
- Maintain employee data management request including, but not limited to Promotions, Transfers (without Requisition), Terminations, One Time Payments, etc.
- Process and follow through to completion payment requests under defined Programs like: Education Assistance, Survivor Benefits
- Provide support to HR and Managers in resolving issues/problems with payments, benefits, etc
- Work closely with Payroll to resolve any payment issue in support to HR, Managers and Employees.
- Liaison with Payroll in defined and ongoing communications or submissions
- Work closely with local HR to understand state/country/union requirements and regulations on processes.
- BS Degree in a related field and 2-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Attention to detail and with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Must have flexibility to operate in a fast paced environment with stringent deadlines and possess strong analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of team
- Strong analytical skills required to identify and resolve business issues.
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively and professionally with employees at all levels of the organization
- Excellent customer service and support skills
- Ability to facilitate small to medium groups or meetings
- Possess the ability to leverage interpersonal skills while working effectively with co-workers in a team-oriented environment
- Expert computer skills including advanced knowledge of: MS Office Word and Excel, Adobe Acrobat Standard and company-specific databases including but not limited to Knowledge Workspaces, RecruitLink, ActionLink, SAP, LearnLink and ExitLink. Must also have the capability to work within current external vendor databases
- Possess fundamental HR knowledge, skills and abilities including the practices and procedures related to all areas of employee transactions
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, candidates, HR and managers
- Results oriented, self-disciplined and internally motivated
- Flexible with work hours for global support
- 3 + years general HR knowledge and experience preferred
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network