Data Analyst (Pipeline Inspection) - Calgary, AB
- Job Function: Support Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/23/2018 4:53:57 PM
- Job #: 1801840
- Location(s): Canada; Alberta; CALGARY
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The role of the Data Analyst – Pipeline Inspection will focus on analyzing data collected from magnetic flux leakage (MFL) inline inspection tools utilizing proprietary in-house analysis software. The role will present a fast paced, deadline driven, team environment where focus on timeliness and quality are key to the success of the role and teams.
- Responsible for analyzing, under close supervision, data collected by Baker Hughes, a GE company MFL and Caliper inspection tools on client’s pipelines using in-house developed software
- Identify and size metal loss anomalies, structures and other types of pipeline features in the MFL data
- Perform regular, defined QA checks of analysis
- Report directly to an Analysis Team Lead
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with BHGE HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and BHGE Core Values
- Must have High School Diploma
- Must have ANSI/ASNT ILI PQ Level I MFL or Caliper certification
- Strong logic and deductive skills
- Attention to detail and focus in a repetitive environment
- Strong computer skills in the Microsoft Windows environment
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Must be compliant to all Baker Hughes, a GE company policies and procedures
- Conduct all business activities in accordance to BHGE HSE policies
- ANSI/ASNT ILI PQ Level II MFL or Caliper certification
- MS Access experience is desirable
- Experience in Pipelines, Oil and Gas or related fields
- Strong technical understanding of Pipelines and Pipeline Inspection (in particular MFL technology)
- Self-starter and work independently under minimal supervision
- University Degree in related fields
Locations: Canada; Alberta; CALGARY
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network