Senior Drilling & Completions Apps Engineer
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/25/2018 3:52:18 PM
- Job #: 1801365
- Location(s): United Kingdom; Aberdeen City; ABERDEEN
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for an “Application Engineer Sr.” supporting Drilling and Completion Fluids at our facility in Aberdeen. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
Advises sales personnel, customers, and potential customers on the technical issues that affect the installation or sales of products and/or services of the organization. Requires working closely with Research & Development (R & D) on new technology which enables incumbents to implement the new process in the field while documenting results. Utilizing proprietary BHDF software the incumbent assists sales personnel in the preparation of bids. Meets with customers to develop and design products and services. Trains customers and/or field personnel on new products and systems. Manages special projects as assigned.
· Advises sales personnel, customers, and potential customers on the technical issues that affect the installation or sales of products and/or services of the organization.
· Provide technical presentations to customers as necessary to update them on BHDF products and services.
· Provide technical support to operations by:
o Providing product application expertise
o Initiating laboratory testing in response to field requirements
o Applying computer modeling
· Trains customers and/or field personnel on new products and systems.
· Provide technical assistance for specialist knowledge areas in preparation of tenders
· Assist in planning and execution of critical wells
· Develop expertise in selected Subject Matter Expertise (SME) area(s) and apply to operations as appropriate
· Be the point of contact for operations personnel within designated geo-region
· Build collaboration and cross-training of Fluids and Fluids Environmental Services (FES) personnel
· Meets with customers to develop and design products and services.
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. Significant experience in Operations/ Engineering environment within Drilling and Completions Fluids discipline.
· Experience in Field within Drilling and Completions Fluids
· Comprehensive, specialized knowledge of concepts in area within Drilling fluids..
· Ability to solve substantially difficult problems of complex nature and broad scope.
· Technical expertise. Ability to create innovative approaches to problems.
· Equipment: Basic Office Equipment, i.e., computer, printer, fax, scanner, copier, etc., mud testing equipment, mud handling and storage equipment at the well site, i.e., tanks, pumps, mixers, lines and valves, generator operation.
· Math: College level math, business statistics.
o Verbal: be able to listen, understand, ask questions, and follow supervisor directions/instructions.
o Read: have the ability to read and comprehend occasional detailed written orders for non-routine or special assignments, operating manuals, and other written communications.
o Written: be able to complete/log standard forms, record data, and write complex definitive professional memos and reports.
· Advanced technical, written and verbal skills.
· Strong ability to build peer relationships as well as work independently.
· Advanced problem solving and project management skills.
· Excellent organizing, planning, and presentation skills.
· Must be action oriented, ethical in value, and customer focused with a drive for results.
· Sound ability to manage time, make quality decisions, and manage and measure work.
· Demonstrated effective leadership skills.
· Deepwater, HTHP, and international experience is preferred.
· The position requires working in an office environment 75% and in the field 25% with overnight travel away from home monthly and may include both domestic and international travel.
· This position requires working effectively with internal and external customers.
· Frequent: The incumbent experiences continuous unpredictable forces which he/she cannot control with changing deadlines, re-prioritization, and/or tradeoffs which places stress and increased demands on the individual.
· On Call 24/7.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United Kingdom; Aberdeen City; ABERDEEN
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network