HSE Manager - Chemical Facility
- Job Function: Environmental Health & Safety
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/26/2018 11:51:16 AM
- Job #: 1713979
- Location(s): United Kingdom; Merseyside; LIVERPOOL
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes Liverpool is looking for a motivated HSE professional with good experience in the chemical or similar industry. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to lead as an HSE professional and join a progressive ambitious HSE Department.
This position will focus on Legal Compliance, Risk Management and Management System Improvements.
This role will report into the Eastern Hemisphere Senior HSE manager - this role is key for Baker Hughes GE Liverpool
- Responsible for day to day management of HSE compliance and performance.
- Responsible for co-ordinating critical activities to maintain compliance with site environmental permit – environmental permit regulations (Emissions to air, land, water) Responsible for the coordination of HSE legislative requirements including timely reporting to the Health & Safety Executive and the Environment Agency.
- Responsible for the development and continuous improvement of the HSE Management systems and compliance with ISO Standards (ISO14001 and ISO 18001)
- Lead Risk Management processes on site, continuous improvement of the Safe System of Work (Confined Space, Hotwork, Risk Assessment, Permit to Work)
- Responsible for the HSE documentation system and ensuring it is up to date and in good order
- Responsible for the COSHH & CRAF process (Chemical Risk Assessment Forms) and the HSE interactions in the Product Management System
- Assist with HSE investigations and take the lead in HSE incident reporting, Root Cause Analysis and investigations
- Responsible for data analysis and reporting writing relating to HSE trends and information for the purpose of HSE dashboards, statistics, reports, safety observation data and behaviour based safety team data
- Responsible for co-ordinating the audit management program
- Responsible for coordinating the site HSE training and improving the training standards (external and Internal training)
- Responsible for the organisation/administration of HSE Meetings, Contractor performance reviews, Governmental visits
- Responsible for the day to day organisation of the safety Observation System (the sites Behavioural Based Safety System)
- Provide assistance in relation to HSE inductions, process safety management system, risk assessments program
- Provide assistance on the industrial Hygiene monitoring programme
- Support all HSE initiatives as required in relation to roll out, communication, data analysis, reports
- Provide assistance in relation to the continuous improvement of HSE across the site
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- NEBOSH Diploma would be beneficial
- IEMA Membership or working towards
- IOSH Membership or working towards
- Proven background within a chemical or industrial HSE environment.
- Ability to provide HSE advice in relation to legislative compliance, particularly in relation to chemical or industrial manufacturing
- Knowledge of managing requirements to maintain aa HSE Management system, under ISO14001 and ISO18001
- Previous time spent working with HSE organisations in relation to the co-ordination and reporting of HSE data
- Ability to analyse and report HSE statistics, trends and presenting data
- Knowledge of Environmental Permits and undertaking of environmental monitoring
Kirkby, Liverpool, UK
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United Kingdom; Merseyside; LIVERPOOL
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network