Applications and Optimization Engineer
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/26/2018 11:51:24 AM
- Job #: 1801904
- Location(s): Argentina; Neuquen; NEUQUEN
Baker Hughes, a GE Company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Drilling Services BHGE Argentina is looking for a self-motivated and achievement-oriented engineer to join the Drilling Applications Engineering team.
We are looking for an individual with a degree in Petroleum Engineering or a related discipline, and a good understanding of directional drilling principles, MWD/LWD, well planning, drilling engineering and drilling optimization.
This position is ideally suited for an engineer with a technical or R&D background in Drilling Services who wishes to progress in the challenging and stimulating environment of Drilling Engineering.
- Provide technical support for BHA configuration (Drillstring and BHA design, torque & drag, borehole hydraulics, Vibration analysis) using specialized drilling engineering software.
- Monitor real-time operations on daily basis to optimize drilling practices and recommend actions to follow.
- Continuous communications with field hands to improve performance.
- Complete EOWR – End of well reports for each drilled well
- Maintain drilling statistics to benchmark performance to get continuous improvement.
- Interface as drilling Applications engineering expert with operations, clients, product line management, product development, research, training etc.
- Create and maintain global operating procedures and best practices for common drilling engineering activities and pertinent parts of product manuals.
- Assure consistency and proper handling of all documentation in the Baker Hughes documentation and knowledge management systems.
- Investigate and analyze unsatisfactory product performance and drive requirements for products or services enhancement to improve our competitive position.
- Support Marketing/ Product Line Management to benchmark technical product performance.
- Develop and deliver training for Geo-market field engineers and office based support personnel
- Handle special projects as assigned
- 8 years of previous experience in well planing, directional drilling engineering, drilling optimization, BHA recommendations, reports, torque and drag and customer management.
- Knowledge of principles, concepts, theories and practices of Directional Drilling and MWD Systems
- Previous experience in drilling optimization and focused in customer service
- Wide understanding on Conventional and Un-conventional drilling
- A good theoretical understanding of simulation software concepts (Finite Element Analysis) and data requirements will be an asset
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable with abstract, conceptual thinking regarding to processes, workflows, and technical systems.
- Self-driven, result-oriented, and eager to work with new technologies. Comfortable working on longer-term projects, as well as ad-hoc assignments, in an office environment with little supervision.
- Fluent in written technical Spanish - English and proficient in common office software. Clear language and communication skills are paramount.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to build a good working network with different stakeholders in the product center and global operations.
- Practical experience in well planning and drilling application engineering (Hydraulics, Torque & Drag, Statics and Dynamics BHA Analysis)
- Drilling operations experience (Onshore)
- Performance drilling optimization training
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: Argentina; Neuquen; NEUQUEN
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network