Mechanical Reliability Engineer
- Job Function: Quality
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/26/2018 3:52:12 PM
- Job #: 1714845
- Location(s): Germany; Lower Saxony; CELLE
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes Incorporated has a job opening for a Mechanical Reliability Engineer in Celle, Germany.
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
The Drilling Services group is looking for a Mechanical Reliability Engineer to join our team. This will be a unique opportunity to join a cross discipline team working with state of the art technologies in the energy development industry.
• Perform failure investigation and root cause analysis for downhole drilling and evaluation tools. Write reports to summarize results and communicate lessons learned.
• Evaluate system and component performance in their application. Monitor for trends and initiate actions accordingly in order to improve reliability, durability and cost.
• Optimize design concepts to meet performance/reliability requirements and cost targets utilizing advanced simulation tools for functional as well as survivability evaluation.
• Contribute to development of test plans and collaborate on execution of tests at a system level or component level. Complete documentation and change management processes for product enhancements.
• Collaborate with engineering department in design reviews and bench mark studies.
• Above-average university degree (FH, University, TU).
• Advanced technical skills including experience in CAD (3-D modelling and 2D drafting), and the utilization of Finite Element Analysis tools in a design & build environment.
• Demonstrated advanced problem solving skills with respect to Applied Mechanics, Engineering Design, and Technology Development.
• Self-contained, self-motivated and structured to work within a worldwide functioning interdisciplinary team
• Good written and verbal English skills, due to working in an international diverse working environment and strong interest in working with other cultures and travel.
• Practical experience in the above mentioned area of expertise gathered during internships, thesis and/or professional experience.
• Experience with SolidWorks (CAD System).
• Demonstrated strong ability to develop within a technical mentoring environment as well as to work independently.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: Germany; Lower Saxony; CELLE
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network