Technical Account Manager (Upstream Chemicals) - Fort St. John, BC
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/26/2018 4:51:29 PM
- Job #: 1801806
- Location(s): Canada; British Columbia; FORT ST JOHN
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Technical Account Manager (Upstream Chemicals) in Fort St. John, BC. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, BHGE offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
- Attend business meetings in the various district locations to engage internal technical growth for the area.
- Communicate with customers to identify and qualify business opportunities and needs.
- Assist Account Manager on framing/understanding technical issues, field testing and analytical test requirements. This may include a wide range of support from coaching to actual project completion of the analytical work, field testing and program writing.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise in the field with the Account Manager and provide support as needed with Field/District Manager to adhere to program development processes.
- Coordinate and define field projects to qualify customer requirements for effective project management, designed to meet customer needs. Complete technical service requests and recommendations with consultation of the technical group as an information resource.
- Provide additional training and mentorship to Account Managers.
- Communication and roll out of new technologies to area. Create new business with existing customers by identifying opportunities for the application of new technologies.
- Interface with area customers to ensure technical and business expectations are being met.
- Create transition plans for new business and implement new program applications.
- Launch new technologies to key customers with presentations and product information.
- Provide periodic reviews of key accounts via health checks and project reviews.
- Management of Projects and communicate to Area, District and Technical Management.
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with HSE policies, legal compliance requirements and core values.
- 2 year technical diploma or equivalent experience.
- Advanced technical training and sales experience with multiple products.
- Requires travel to field sites.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of problem solving skills.
- Ability to work and communicate well with others.
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Technical focus on chemical applications and develop a detailed understanding of current applications.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Bachelors Degree in a Technical Field.
- 5+ years of directly related experience.
Fort St. John, BC
Locations: Canada; British Columbia; FORT ST JOHN
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network