Maintenance Engineer General – Wireline
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/28/2018 7:49:50 AM
- Job #: 1801504
- Location(s): Saudi Arabia; Saudi Arabia; DHAHRAN
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
A Maintenance Engineer General – Wireline position for the Saudi Arabia operations has become available. Start your career with Baker Hughes a GE company, a leader in the Oilfield Services industry.
Under general supervision, the employee is responsible for testing,
Maintenance and repair of various electronic assemblies.
Completes all required documentation on failure analysis and required repairs.
Troubleshoots tests and assembles electromechanical assemblies.
Assists in reworking, repairing and modifying nonconforming equipment.
Provides technical support to other groups and co-workers.
Ability to coach other technicians.
Assists in configuring, preparing, maintaining, utilizing and/or designing test stations and test equipment.
Performs tests with instructions and documentation.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Applied Science with 1+ years of experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate analytical skills.
- Knowledge of specific products.
- Knowledge of testing procedures and specific equipment required to perform repair and maintenance.
- Good verbal and writing skills.
- Advanced skills in soldering and assembling of electro-mechanical devices.
- Proficient in the use of multi-meters, meggers, hipot testers and other basic electronic instruments. Can read, interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints and parts lists.
- Versed in AC/DC circuits and electronic devices.
- Demonstrates the ability to find solutions to difficult technical problems.
- Proficient in the use of oscilloscopes.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: Saudi Arabia; Saudi Arabia; DHAHRAN
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network