SPS & FPS Communications Specialist
- Job Function: Communications
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/29/2018 5:49:57 AM
- Job #: 3042403
- Location(s): United Kingdom; UK
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The Subsea Production Systems (SPS) and Flexibles Pipe Systems (FPS) Communications Specialist is the focal point for all internal and external communications related to the product lines, within the Oilfield Equipment business.
As a strategic advisor to the SPS and FPS leadership teams, and working directly with the OFE Communications Leader, the successful candidate will develop and execute comprehensive communications strategies for these two OFE product lines. This includes driving PR and thought leadership for the business, establishing an employee communications and culture strategy and rhythm, accountability for launches and ongoing promotions of new technologies, products and services, executing customer experience strategies, segment-specific storytelling and positioning, commercial and sales wins’ amplification.
- Drives the commercial communication strategy definition for SPS and FPS global products, and industry segments.
- Works closely with other communication colleagues, sales and commercial teams, project and product managers/leaders to implement fully-integrated new product introduction and go-to-market communications plans.
- Participates as a strategic advisor to the SPS and FPS leadership teams and actively engages with members of the business across staff meetings, QMI reviews and strategic/operational discussions for customer commercial campaigns/needs.
- Builds and manages content for external-facing digital channels including the website, social media and channel partner portals.
- Partners closely with HR to develop an employee engagement program to create awareness, celebrate business wins and drive the BHGE culture, amplifying across SPS and FPS and the BHGE portfolio.
- Partners closely with the BHGE Communications team for Tier 1 media opportunities.
- Supports governmental visits in partnership with GGO Government Relations and BHGE Communications Team.
- Builds, maintains and leads working relationships with sales and commercial, project and product managers and the broader communication community ensuring effective collaboration and global coordination of activities.
- Produces a variety of tools and materials to support deals and wins announcements, product launches, product re-launches and ongoing commercialization, installed base and field marketing, creative content and company materials.
- Develops, tracks and shares the SPS and FPS calendar for product and service launches and promotions & customer-related announcements and collaborations which includes working closely with the OFE Communications Leader to align on business-wide priorities, industry targets and campaign themes.
- Analyses and measures results of promotional initiatives and makes adjustments in strategy/execution as appropriate.
- It is accountable of the budget activity strictly related with the activities associated with the role, ensuring proper management of it along the calendar.
- Calculates ROI for all activities to ensure that all resources are being used efficiently and productively.
- In partnership with OFE Communication Leader keeps the leadership team informed of progress and development of all relevant customer-communications, internal communications and media-related project/issues.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in communications or marketing or equivalent knowledge & experience
- Proven years of experience including communications in an international environment
- Strong experience with communications tools and techniques and related developments such as demand generation tools, social media and campaign marketing/advertising
- A genuine understanding of flow business promotional strategies and engagement tactics including modern engagement trends and practices
- Both a strategist and an able hands-on practitioner
- A reliable project manager, carrying out and directing the work of other people and suppliers to deliver projects on time and budget.
- Copes well working on a number of different tasks, sometimes with conflicting deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to effectively interact and influence in line with objectives at all levels of the organization from senior level executives to all other employment segments, and effectively manage in a matrix organization
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- A confident, proactive self-starter who truly enjoys the hands-on aspects of marketing communications
- Approach effective communications plans with a creative and analytical mind
- Proven ability to work with 3rd party agencies (PR, advertising, digital) to drive success
- Understanding of measurement and evaluation
Locations: United Kingdom; UK
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network