Senior Project Manager (m/f)
- Job Function: Project Management
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/30/2018 4:49:59 AM
- Job #: 3042842
- Location(s): Germany; Ahrensburg near Hamburg or Wunstorf near Hannover
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to manage organization of key client projects and drive operational excellence.
As Project Manager, you are responsible for coordinating internal resources and stakeholders for the flawless execution of projects, ensuring all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget. In your role, you will manage project scopes and objectives, involve all relevant stakeholders, ensure technical feasibility, develop a detailed project plan to track progress and report and escalate to management as needed. You are responsible to manage the relationship with key customers and ensure customer satisfaction.
You will have wing-to-wing ownership and responsibility from start to finish of key customer projects. Our aim is to ensure effective communication with customers, sales, supply chain, technology and finance throughout the process. Your key responsibility is to manage a group of medium to large projects and this includes:
- Build and manage relationships with key customers for large and medium projects in OTR phase
- Interact with cross-functional teams to deliver customized solutions to customer staisfaction
- Develop detailed project plan and track and communicate progress
- Establish and maintain effective communication throughout the process with other functions (e.g. logistics, supply chain, technology, finance and sales teams)
- Analyze assigned projects, identify and manage risks during OTR phase and report all potential risks, operational failures, time constraint problems or extraordinary events that will negatively impact the project to management
- Setup and maintain orders as projects in ERP system
- Create order confirmations and release of commercial invoices
- Manage order backlog pro-actively and timely
- Coordinate & follow up shipment and installation to ensure revenue collection occurs on time
- Examine and process letters of credit in close contact with the responsible banks
- Manage dispute cases, such as incorrect invoices, delivery delay and lack of order confirmations
- Use and improve project management and reporting tools
- Drive operational excellence and support team to improve financial performance and customer satisfaction
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent from an accredited university or equivalent
- Combination of commercial and technical skills
- Several years experience in project management or in supply chain or in project planning or in program management
- Very good language skills in German and English (verbal and written)
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including: Work, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with ERP system such as SAP
- Knowledge of project management tools and processes
- Strong analytical, problem solving, facilitation, organization, and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to proficiently handle and own high-profile escalated situations
- Passion to improve processes
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong problem solving skills
Locations: Germany; Ahrensburg near Hamburg or Wunstorf near Hannover
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network