- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Entry-Level
- Posted Date: 1/30/2018 8:51:13 AM
- Job #: 3049324
- Location(s): Italy; Vibo Valentia
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
As Shop Operations Supervisor you will provide direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives.
In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short term planning.
- Lead a team of hourly employees to support the business creating a team atmosphere.
- Drive daily schedule attainment to meet all internal and external customer commitments with top quality at the lowest cost, implement a strategy to reduce cycle times, drive VCP, reduce inprocess inventory levels, and improve quality and safety.
- Develop, coordinate, lead and execute daily production plans.
Provide the operators with the job documentation needed to perform the daily activities (routings, quality plan, specifications, drawings).
- Work with Engineering and Quality to identify root causes and solve external quality issues.
- Provide input to Engineering on new product development ensuring products will be serviceable .
- Report product defects ensuring these are resolved and report solutions .
- Maintain product knowledge as new products are released.
- Accomplish goals while maintaining high team morale, employee involvement, safety and teamwork .
- In addition, in this role you will be involved in our BHGE strategic programs: Ergonomics, Friday projects, lean, Eco imagination, Health ahead.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferred mechanical) or equivalent
- Some professional experience.
- Good knowledge of English
- EU Work Permit.
- Availability to work on three shifts.
- Ability to plan, communicate and execute.
- Ability to deal fairly and equitably with all employees.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and contribute to team projects.
Locations: Italy; Vibo Valentia
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network