Surface Logging Svc Product Mgr (Driling Services) Celle, Germany
- Job Function: Product Management
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/30/2018 2:51:27 PM
- Job #: 1801850
- Location(s): Germany; Lower Saxony; CELLE
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Surface Logging Product Manager in Celle, Germany. This global position is responsible for developing services related to interpretation of drilled formation gases including hydrocarbons and inert gasses as measured by gas chromatography and/or mass spectrometry with the aim of delivering the most comprehensive solutions to our clients. This role will have responsibility for driving uptake of these services through global Geomarkets to expand the Drilling Services business, and provide training in support of same.
- Develop new service offerings related to acquisition and interpretation of oilfield Gas Chromatograph data
- Review product development requests (with PLM) and present status updates at project gate meetings
- Partner with Technology, Region and Geomarket leadership teams to develop and implement business growth strategy
- Travel to Geomarket operations to market new service offerings
- Assist in development of service deliverables
- Advise Technology organization on operational needs for technology development projects
Product Lifecycle Management – rationalization/obsolescence
Ownership of NPI/NPR and revenue plan for assigned products & services
TAM & Market Share analysis
Represent Product Line at external events and tradeshows
Support product launches
- Perform customer visits to drive introduction of new services/support existing services
- This role will require 25 to 35 % domestic and international travel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geosciences, preferably Geochemistry with experience interpreting Mass Spectrometry data;
- Strong petro-physical and mass spectrometry background
- Fast learner and ability to work as a team member or independently as deemed necessary
- Ability to interact professionally through speaking and presentation skills
- Master’s Degree with an emphasis in petroleum geochemistry
- Well site operational experience working with mud gas analysis equipment
- Experience in a Geochemical Laboratory environment interpreting hydrocarbon gas & oilfield Mass Spectrometry data
- Experience interacting and consulting with clients
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: Germany; Lower Saxony; CELLE
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network