Field Support Principal Engineer (Drilling Fluids) - Canonsburg, PA
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/8/2018 11:54:20 AM
- Job #: 1801998
- Location(s): United States; Pennsylvania; CANONSBURG
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is now hiring a Field Support Principal Engineer (Drilling Fluids) in Canonsburg, PA.
- Develops and maintains regular key client contacts and relationships throughout assigned district/area/region.
- Develop new strategies for promoting BHI’s technology, people and equipment. Consults with customers and operations personnel to determine appropriate course of action at the wellsite.
- Prepares job recommendations based on the available job criteria and knowledge of disciplines and past performance.
- Maintains a close working relationship with field service personnel and lab personnel by telephone and periodic visits to job sites to assess effectiveness of recommendations.
- Serves as a liaison and SPOC between local operations and product center marketing, technology and research and development groups to provide input and guidance for critical technology development or enhancement activities and new technology applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- 8+ years related experience.
- 2+ years Research and Development experience in Drilling Fluid, Completion Fluids and /or Solids Control required.
- Work experience in a structured product development environment required.
- Multi-Basin Drilling Fluids Experience required.
- Field-Based experience with national oil company(s) preferred.
- Completion of supervisory/leadership training preferred.
- Expert level knowledge of product lines and process.
- Problem solving skills.
- Masters of Science
Locations: United States; Pennsylvania; CANONSBURG
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network