Field Specialist (Wireline Services) - Victoria, TX
- Job Function: Field Operations
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/1/2018 12:51:52 PM
- Job #: 1801978
- Location(s): United States; Texas; VICTORIA
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for an Experienced Wireline Field Specialist – Victoria, TX
- Supervise and assist Operator crews in the preparation of the unit and calibration of equipment
- Promoting a team environment while providing wireline services in the shop and at the well site.
- Working with Customer Representative
- Promoting good customer relations and providing record to Customer Representative of all assemblies run at the well site.
- Providing general supervision and training to team members while maintaining a high level of safety and awareness at the well site.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulations applicable to Wireline explosives operations.
- Maintaining well site/DOT records and communications.
- Completing job-related paperwork and other records for self and assigned crew.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- 2 + years of experience as a Wireline Field Specialist/Engineer
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Class A CDL license with Hazmat endorsement.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work and communicate well with customers and employees.
- Ability to utilized computers for communication, reporting and other work-related purposes.
- Previous cased-hole service knowledge and logging ability
- Two year Technical Degree or higher and applicable work experience.
- 5+ Years of experience as a Wireline Field Specialist/Engineer is highly preferred.
- Must have the ability to work on-call 24 x7 and flexibility to work at well sites for extended periods of time.
- This position will offer a rotational schedule for qualified applicants who are not local but live within the region
- Must be safety and environmentally minded.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; VICTORIA
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network