ARMO Technician (Completions and Wellbore Intervention) - Shafter, CA
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/1/2018 4:52:59 PM
- Job #: 1802199
- Location(s): United States; California; SHAFTER
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for an Assembly, Repair, Maintenance & Overhaul Technician in Shafter, CA
- Test, assemble, disassemble and perform visual inspection of mechanical assemblies
- Repair, test and trouble shoot downhole motor assemblies
- Good mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures
- May perform administrative and inventory work
- Basic computer skills
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to stand during majority of shift, occasionally lift/carry up to 55 pounds and occasionally push/pull up to 10 pounds of force.
- Ability to use hands and wrists repetitively while using hand tools
- Basic computer knowledge for documenting work activity
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work overtime hours as needed
- Ability to work an “on call” rotating weekend schedule as needed
- Mechanical experience
- 1 year of hands on mechanical maintenance or assembly experience in an industrial environment.
- 1 year of oil and gas industry experience
- Knowledge of and experience operating an overhead crane/hoist
- This position will routinely conduct mechanical inspections and assembly.
- For this position, we are ideally seeking candidates who have permanent work authorization in the USA for any employer. If you do not have current eligibility to work in USA, then please visit our website to explore one of the many other opportunities that we have to offer in other locations that you may be eligible for.
Baker Hughes a GE company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; California; SHAFTER
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network