North America HR Service Center Lead - Houston, TX
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/1/2018 4:53:02 PM
- Job #: 1802131
- Location(s): United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
BHGE is currently seeking a North America HR Service Center Lead based in Houston Texas. This position oversees the overall operation of the center, which provides services to all BHGE employees sitting in the United States and Canada. Supervises a team of ~15-20 employees.
- Oversees the day-to-day delivery and execution of HR services and processes within the NA region, including United States and Canada
- Supervises team looking closely at daily operational metrics, addressing any changes in volume and/or priority, ensuring ongoing coverage.
- Leads ongoing process simplification and improvement as well as documentation of procedures, processes, and protocols
- Supervises team looking closely at operational metrics, addressing any changes in volume and ensuring ongoing coverage.
- Maintains ongoing communication with key stakeholders in HR, COE’s, the business and customers in order to proactively receive feedback, work on improvements, handle escalations, implement solutions, etc.
- Works with peers in other regions to share best practices, look for efficiencies and standardization of global processes.
- Focuses on team’s training and development needs.
- Handles special projects with Regional or Global scope as assigned
- University Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources
- 6 + years of HR general experience including positions facing a client group. Service Center specific experience preferred.
- Possess fundamental HR knowledge, skills and abilities including the practices and procedures related to all areas of employee transactions
- Able to handle high level of confidentiality
- Must have flexibility to operate in a fast paced environment with stringent deadlines and possess strong analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of team
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively and professionally with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to facilitate small to medium groups or meetings
- Ability to work within a case management system and handle day-to-day workload within the team
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, candidates, HR and managers
- Results oriented, self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Analyze problems and issues
- Excellent customer service skills
- Expert computer skills including advanced knowledge of: MS Office Word and Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Standard and other databases including but not limited to Knowledge Workspaces, SAP, Case Management Systems
- Pursue execution and optimize results
- Demonstrate adaptability and learning
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network