Area Engineering Manager (Drill Bits) - Calgary, AB
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/5/2018 1:53:46 PM
- Job #: 1802247
- Location(s): Canada; Alberta; CALGARY
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Drill Bits Engineering Manager to be based in Calgary, AB.
- Creating a winning, leading, competence-based culture in the engineering team
- Recruiting, hiring, training and retaining field engineers
- Developing products optimized for local applications
- Establishing and communicating best practices, across the Region.
- Advising sales personnel, customers and potential customers on bit selection and technical issues
- Collaborating with Area Operations and Sales to maximize profitability and customer satisfaction and meet growth targets
- Provides skilled level support for the drill bit product line(s)
- Assists with prototype tool applications and new product market introductions
- Investigates unusual or unsatisfactory product performance to determine root cause and preventative action
- Lead engineering/technical position in area
- Handles special projects, as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (mechanical or petroleum preferred)
- 7+ years related experience in a Drill Bit engineering related role
- 3+ years relevant experience in Operations/Engineer environment
- Has experience in developing new products and seeing said products throughout entire life cycle of the product development.
- Interfaces with product line management and local management to support direction and strategies to best capture market opportunities
- Strong computer skills to include MS Office tools, Outlook
- Skilled level knowledge of two or more product lines and proper application of tools
- Thorough understanding of down hole hydraulics and rig operations
- Proficient use of computer based programs related to application of products
- Problem solving skills
- Travel approx. 10% - 15% in district; will require overnight travel
- Will require visit to client rig site locations wearing PPE/HSE attire
Locations: Canada; Alberta; CALGARY
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network