Sr Systems Administration Engineer
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/6/2018 12:51:30 AM
- Job #: 3054288
- Location(s): India; Bangalore
At Baker Hughes GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Responsible for building & supporting Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery framework for applications deployed into the Predix.io Industrial Internet Cloud. Responsible for environment management and support. Responsible for leading and designing cross-technology release management, process design, optimization and policy. Release management oversees the process by which the production environment is updated, upgraded and maintained.
In this role, you will:
• Develop, audit, monitor and enforce release management processes and policies
• Involve in release activities and functions as a subject matter expert in release management. Continually work towards making improvements to the release process.
• Oversee/gate-keep the production environment, ensuring consistency in policies and operational procedures, release integration testing and production validation
• Innovate the Release Management Dashboard and other in-house tooling to provide transparency across the organization
• Lead and coordinate all go-live activities including scheduling for on-time delivery, execution of the release plan, alignment across key partners and post-release monitoring
• Build Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Continuous Deployment software tools that will support, enhance and grow our CI and CD capabilities
• Work with Engineering Release Managers to prioritize work loads and ensure dates are met
• Build Scripts: Utilize standard scripting tools to define the builds.
• Create Reusable Artifacts: Reusable code base needs to be organized into libraries with
• versions and consumed from repositories during the build process.
• Create Deployment Scripts: Configurable deployments need to be automated using the
• deployment scripts.
• Develop Automated Tests: Unit tests & functional test needs to be automated using the test suites.
• Develop Continuous Integration: Aim for continuous integration builds and alert the developers when the build breaks with build report.
• Develop and Test Build Promotion and Demotion: Develop and execute the promotion process (Dev->QA->UAT->…etc.) and a process to remove builds that fail from the environment.
• Assist the engineering teams by improving productivity in development integration and automation
• Monitor the development and production infrastructure and services for uptime.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 6 years professional experience in DevOps or build/release
• Experience using release management tools, such as Jira, Confluence, GIT, Jenkins
• Good exposure to Public Cloud Infrastructure and Technologies
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Bangalore or Mumbai, India.
• Ability to quickly understand complex issues and decide best course of action
• Significant experience with Linux/ Unix Operating systems
• Very strong development experience with one or more scripting languages (e.g. bash, perl, python)
• Significant experience working with Jenkins (including plugins) or other build automation tools such as Teamcity, AnthillPro, Ubuild/Udeploy or Bamboo.
• Experience with bug tracking tools such as JIRA, Version One, Pivotal Tracker or any other similar tool.
• Significant experience with one or more of the following: GIT, GitHub, SVN or Perforce Significant experience developing automation scripting using Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SALT, Jenkins, Bash, or CFEngine, etc. on Linux/*nix
• Experience with one or more of the following: Artifactory, Nexus, or another artifact storage tool. Experience with Build tools such as Maven, Gradle, Ant and/or other build tools
• Experience with Embedded Ruby, Groovy or similar tools to develop and automate custom Modules.
• Applied experience with modern application technologies and design patterns including Cloud infrastructure, distributed computing, horizontal scaling, and database technologies.
• Experience with Databases like MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, RDS, Redshift etc. Experience Deploying code on Cloud based Infrastructure like Private cloud (OpenStack, Bare Metal systems or VM based environments) or Public Cloud (Rackspace or AWS EC2 Instances or Google Cloud) or across Hybrid Cloud Environments.
• Proven success working with and optimizing applications for large scale enterprise performance Embraces technology trends that drive intelligent automation
• Experience using containers like Docker based CI/CD approach.
• Good understanding of Public Cloud Technlogies like AWS, Azure or GCP.
• Good problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Passionate to learn to build scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Good insight into breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills
• Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale.
• Continuously measures deliverables of self against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective team working and problem solving abilities
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
Locations: India; Bangalore
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network