- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/15/2018 5:51:44 AM
- Job #: 3052950
- Location(s): Ireland; Shannon
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future.
GE Oil & Gas is a “fullstream” company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The successful applicant will work as part of the GE Inspection Technologies organisation. The incumbent will be self-motivated & reactive, working to meet short deadlines. This is a permanent position based at GE Sensing EMEA, Shannon, Ireland.
General test technician duties will include but are not limited to testing, troubleshooting and repairing products.
Candidates must be able to read and understand diagnostic data and work within limits of prescribed procedures.
Essential Functions (responsibilities)
- Test, troubleshoot and repair analog and digital circuits at the system, module, and PCB levels.
- Calibrate and prepare products for shipping.
- Maintain documentation for each instrument under test.
- Assist in the development and improvement of test techniques and associated documentation.
- Assist in the creation of test fixtures.
- Keep work center clean and orderly.
- Interface with customer care, sales and customers on an as required basis to ensure customer satisfaction and product quality.
- Help support other work cells as needed.
- Uphold all company policies.
- Educated to Leaving Certificate with relevant experience or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Experience with assembly and test of electronic equipment
- Neatness, concentration, and attention to detail
- Proven years’ experience in manufacturing environment
- Ability to follow assembly instructions (verbal and written)
- Educated to Third Level Engineering Qualification highly desirable or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility and understanding of multiple jobs would be a plus
- Lean Mind-set
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team
- Ability to perform tasks with general direction and drive to completion
- Strong organizational, analytic, and problem solving skills
- Above average computer skills with Microsoft Office products Excel etc.
Locations: Ireland; Shannon
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network