Assembly, Maintenance and Overhaul Technicians (Uganda)
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/8/2018 5:51:13 AM
- Job #: 3060038
- Location(s): Uganda; Kampala
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This is a talent search initiative aimed at identifying and pipelining Asssembly, Maintenance and Overhaul technicians. When the vacancy becomes available, we will review this pool for suitable candidates.
- Under direct supervision receives and follows specific detailed instructions on all work performed in the field. Work is closely managed by Field Engineers
- Learns to run the product line tools and or services as assigned
- Must be able to perform basic maintenance on various types of field equipment and to determine the equipment’s current operational status at the well site.
- Performs all required responsibilities safely and as described in work instructions, job site analysis and training manuals.
- Executes other related duties as assigned. Conducts all business activities in accordance to BakerHughes HSE policies, legal compliance requirements and BakerHughes values.
- Assembly, Maintenance and Overhaul Technicians will need to have a technical diploma (mechanical or electronic)
- 2+ years’ experience in a Technician role (does not have to be O&G industry)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
- Evidence of acting in a leadership role in paid or unpaid work
- Experience of participating in outdoor activities
- Evidence of meeting others’ expectations even when the situation was difficult
- A preference for working in a group rather than working alone.
In addition to fluency in English (assessment of your English proficiency may be part of the selection process) and the legal right to work in Uganda without company sponsorship or time restriction, you will need:
Locations: Uganda; Kampala
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network