Field Engineer - Directional Drilling (Uganda)
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/8/2018 7:51:19 AM
- Job #: 3060127
- Location(s): Uganda; Kampala
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This is a talent search initiative aimed at identifying and pipelining Field Engineers with directional drilling experience. When the vacancy becomes available, we will review this pool for suitable candidates.
- Provides resolution to a diverse scope and range of complex problems at the well site where analysis or data requires having broad knowledge of the product line tools or services
- Acts as a project leader and mentors junior field engineers
- Executes other related duties as assigned.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance to BHGE HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and BHGE Core Values
- A relevant degree from a reputable University in (Engineering, Geology or Geoscience) and
- 5 years’ practical experience as a driller or similar rig drilling experience
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
In addition to fluency in English (assessment of your English proficiency may be part of the selection process) and the legal right to work in the country in which you have applied without company sponsorship or time restriction, you will need:
- Develop and demonstrate proficiency in the skill profile required for the delivery of Directional systems services at the well site
Successfully complete additional advanced technical training and assigned well site development programs.
- Ability to relate well site personnel at all levels.
- Evidence of acting in a leadership role in paid or unpaid work
- Evidence of meeting others’ expectations even when the situation was difficult
- A preference for working in a group rather than working alone.
Locations: Uganda; Kampala
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network