Project Engineer (DCF)
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/8/2018 8:51:45 AM
- Job #: 3060172
- Location(s): Uganda; Kampala
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This is a talent search initiative aimed at identifying and pipelining Field Engineers with directional drilling experience. When the vacancy becomes available, we will review this pool for suitable candidates.
Under direct supervision participates in structured, on-the-job learning activities in the Cementing Product Group.
- Daily contact with Operators, technical representative for planning of the cementing
- Daily contact with Ops Coordinator for planning of the cementing or pumping services
- Design of cement slurries and spacers designs necessary for the conditions of each well section
- Coordination and direction to the Cementing laboratory for testing requirements, heating requirements based on simulations, static gel strength, mechanical properties, gas block validation on critical slurries, etc.
- Run computer simulations to determine BHCT, fluid design, volumes and pump rates as designed for actual hole conditions
- Perform cement sheath stress analysis simulation
- Develop detailed documented work programs and procedures for each job and support budget development with client
- Work closely with drilling fluids provider to optimise mud performance prior to conducting cement job
- Engineer Degree or Technical degree
- 4 to 7 years experience in technical role in O&G field
- Ability to read technical drawings/schematics
- Basic theoretical physical/thermodynamic fundamentals
- Good communications and team work focus
- Familiarity with common PC software tools
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills and Good interpersonal & organizational skills
- Work closely with client and contractor personnel to insure active involvement in operations
- Fluent English language
Locations: Uganda; Kampala
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network