Mechanic – Assembly Maintenance Overhaul
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/9/2018 10:52:30 AM
- Job #: 1714394
- Location(s): United Kingdom; Aberdeen City; ABERDEEN
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Due to growth and new business demands, we are currently seeking Repair and Maintenance Technicians to join an established team. The purpose of this position is to provide specialist support of maintenance activities on oilfield mechanical equipment under minimal supervision in accordance with controlled and documented procedures. Competent personnel provide a variety of technical duties supporting the quality and reliability initiatives whilst delivering to the operational and functional requirements.
- Troubleshoot, test, assemble, disassemble and perform visual inspection of mechanical assemblies
- Assist in reworking, repairing and modifying non-conforming equipment
- Perform complex and difficult tests with minimal instruction and documentation
- Ability to identify and communicate technical problems by using logical troubleshooting techniques
- Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures in accordance to BH policies
- Hold mechanical qualification obtained via an Apprenticeship (i.e. city & guilds) or equivalent
- Versed in fluid power technology would be advantageous
- Ability in assembling, maintain and overhauling of mechanical devices
- Proficient in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes
- HGV /Agricultural mechanical knowledge is highly desirable
- Ability to read/understand/interpret assembly prints and parts lists and follow formal procedures and maintenance practices.
- Knowledge of instrumentation and calibration.
- PC Literate (Microsoft/SAP) - basic computer skills would advantageous
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United Kingdom; Aberdeen City; ABERDEEN
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network