Electrical Engineer (m/f)
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/13/2018 9:53:31 AM
- Job #: 3058468
- Location(s): Germany; Ahrensburg near Hamburg or Wunstorf near Hannover
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Engineer provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Engineering of Control Software (Automation) for customized Radiography Systems
- Support all the way from the project phase to processing of the order and initial commissioning up to training and technical support
- User-defined programming and testing of control software
- Process visualization of PLC coltrol software concept
- Write technical documents (User or Service Manuals, Assembly or Test Procedures …)
- Create and maintain Material Master and Bill Of Material
- Support project engineering group in any other aspects required
- Travel may be required to support customer and other GE sites
- Project execution and change management in our ERP System (SAP)
- Support of the Project process and contribute to mandatory
- Project reviews Focus on EHS and Compliance as a first priority, customer and quality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a several years of experience in an engineering, IT, scientific or other technical position with a focus on PLC software and/or automation
- B&R Automation Studio und Siemens TIA knowledge
- EPlan P8 knowledge
- Basic understanding of ERP systems (preferably SAP)
- Good communication skills in German and English both oral and written
- Strong problem solving skills.
- SAP familiarity, especially with material master, BOM and Engineering Changes
- Knowledge of Non Destructive Testing technology, especially Radiography equipment
- Robotics and Motion Control knowledge
- Experience with metrology and high precision mechanical systems
- Experience with lead shielding
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals and objectives
Locations: Germany; Ahrensburg near Hamburg or Wunstorf near Hannover
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network