PR Manager - BHGE
- Job Function: Communications
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/14/2018 7:51:38 AM
- Job #: 3064757
- Location(s): United Arab Emirates; Jebel Ali
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The role will be responsible for building and managing the reputation of BHGE with stakeholders, editorial media and their influencers across the Middle East, North Africa, Turkey, Pakistan, and India in support of our firm’s aggressive global growth trajectory and our constantly evolving brand.
The individual will be responsible for developing the media strategy and creating proactive programs and vehicles to ensure effective execution of our business leaders’ communication targets across the MENAT and India and support Internal Communication amplification in MENAT
• Support the MENAT & India leadership team in external speaking and media engagements by developing speaking platforms and creating differentiated messaging, points of view and proof points. Support the Communications Director in providing counsel to the members of the regional leadership team in their media appearances. Create, develop and coordinate briefing documents for executive engagement with public stakeholders.
• Develop and implement a proactive external relations strategy for BHGE to ensure the company is accurately represented in regional, national, specialty and digital media.
• Support the amplification of regional internal communications strategy and work closely with regional and global Culture Communications team.
• Work closely with an agency and develop and execute thought leadership strategy in the region, ensuring that BHGE leaders are well represented and positioned as thought leaders
• Oversee processes, procedures and practices for managing media relations activities across the region to ensure consistent, compelling and compliant messaging in support of business and brand objectives. Evaluate media relations processes and strategies to optimize the effectiveness of programs and tools.
• Advocate for BHGE’s leadership, technology, innovation, localization and partnerships to media and their key influencers
• Coordinate with the corporate communications team and ensure alignment, integrated messaging and execution of BHGE campaigns and thought leadership platforms such as the industrial internet, advanced manufacturing, infrastructure financing etc
• Provide training and advice to develop media relations talent within the team. Ensure team are well able to develop media opportunities, messaging and proof points based on priorities and growth strategy of BHGE and how BHGE can add value to customers and stakeholders.
• Support Communications Director in developing and identifying opportunities to increase the visibility of regional senior executives by developing communications strategies and platforms to gain broader media exposure. Provide recommendations on strategic opportunities for public or special appearances at leading public forums relevant to BHGE’s positioning to position regional and global executives as thought leaders.
• Write and edit op-eds, speeches, presentations, talking points and other communications materials for regional leaders
• He/She will be responsible for building professional relationships with regional journalists and industry leaders/organizations; provide advice and support to colleagues on communication that will support strategic and tactical objectives in and across markets and businesses; implement best-in-class processes and procedures that ensure timely, consistent messaging in support of business goals; protect the brand with the early identification and effective management of issues that may affect reputation.
.• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism or Mass Communication. Past editing or journalism experience is an asset.
• Minimum of 8 years in a combination of corporate communications, journalism and agency experience with a focus on media relations/external communications within an organization or complex global business, recognized for its successful strategies in media relations.
• Proven track record of creating and executing a recognized, contemporary media relations strategy in support of business objectives including digital and social media.
• Excellent news judgment, with understanding of what makes winning news stories for multiple, diverse audiences. Strong media contacts and experience working with multiple countries is an asset.
• Demonstrated strength in building relationships with traditional and non-traditional media, and ability to drive a consistent message through diverse channels.
• Ability to understand and communicate complex business, legal, regulatory and technical issues clearly and accurately to multiple stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience briefing executives, facilitating top-tier media interviews
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
• Proven track record of successful storytelling. Creative, thoughtful, persuasive writer. Courage to take a stand, push back, appropriately argue for company position. Ability to disagree without being disagreeable.
• Perfect English and Arabic
• Team player attitude with ability to work independently and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• The ability to work under pressure. Detail oriented, self-starter, energetic and able to thrive in an environment of rapid change.
• Keen interpersonal skills, strong executive presence and experience working with the senior-most leadership.
• Ability to build effective internal relationships in a highly matrixed global environment, manage a small team and earn the respect and trust of colleagues around the world including the regional communications leaders
• Business acumen and external focus, tenacity, curiosity and creativity.
• Willingness and flexibility to travel
Locations: United Arab Emirates; Jebel Ali
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network