- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Entry-Level
- Posted Date: 2/14/2018 7:51:43 AM
- Job #: 3064244
- Location(s): Hungary; Fot
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As the member of the Hardware Design Team, primary responsibilities are to design process control and condition monitoring cabinets for gas- and steam turbines, generators and compressors in the oil, gas and power generation industries, to design field instrumentation (field wiring) and to ensure compliance to customer requirements and technical regulations & standards (TRS).
- Designs custom made process control and condition monitoring cabinets using GE’s MarkVIe and Bently Nevada systems
- Ensures that design meets customer needs and fulfils all technical regulations and standards requirements.
- Use CAD software to create and revise project drawings: wiring- and layout, loop, P&IDs etc.
- Collaborate with other departments and/or companies in order to achieve Company goals, project objectives and to effectively provide solutions to problems
- Work with suppliers in parts specification
- Identifies process improvement opportunities to improve quality and cost.
- Applies and further develops the technical and engineering skills learned in school to solve specific design problems
- Support Commercial and Sales teams with project scope of Cabinet-, Field- and Instrumentation Design and resource estimate reviews
- Possess minimum BSc Degree as part of one of the following engineering programs: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
- Experience in using CAD systems, preferably in AutoCAD Electrical and/or E-plan
- Knowledge of CE Directives: EMC, LVD
- Experience in implementation of continuous improvement and quality, improvement efforts.
- Team player behaviour, open minded and enthusiastic.
- Good problem solving and decision making ability
- Strong measuring, testing, troubleshooting and error analysing skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel,
- Excellent communication, analytical and presentation skills in Hungarian and good communication level of spoken and written English,
- Previous work experience in process control systems and instrumentation engineering
- Knowledge of condition monitoring systems
- Knowledge and experience with design in hazardous environment (ATEX)
- Turbine, generator, compressor knowledge/experience in the field of power generation or Oil&Gas.
- Knowledge of safety standards (IEC61508/IEC61511)
Locations: Hungary; Fot
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network