Oil and Gas Reservoir Engineer
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/14/2018 4:52:15 PM
- Job #: 1802881
- Location(s): Argentina; Argentina; BUENOS AIRES
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
BHGE Reservoir Development Group (Gaffney, Cline, & Associates (GCA)) serves the oil & gas industry in developing reservoir-driven solutions covering the full asset life cycle, from the earliest phases of project development through abandonment. The professional that GCA is seeking for will be responsible for evaluating Oil and Gas projects as a reservoir engineer, and making economic evaluations of the development feasibility of the project. As a consultant, he will handles special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Reservoir or Petroleum Engineering or related earth science or equivalent with minimum 20 years relevant work experience.
- Reservoir Engineering. Advantage if worked with unconventional shale, tight, and heavy oil reservoirs.
- Demonstrates knowledge in dynamic reservoir simulation, material balance, decline curve analysis, PVT and SCAL data analysis. Must be keen to learn new technologies and workflows in reservoir engineering.
- Uses industry standard software tools under supervision to create interpretations or answer products.
- Understanding of Wireline and/or LWD log data.
- Basic knowledge of new formation evaluation technologies in the O&G Industry.
- Demonstrated experience evaluating reserves and resources under the SPE/PRMS and SEC guidelines.
- International experience as Reservoir Engineer.
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team for the delivery of a specified scope of work.
- Relevant oil company experience from an operator’s perspective, field experience and understanding their requirements is of great advantage. Demonstrated ability to understand the key operating levels of the oil and gas industry.
- Works as consultant for Oil and Gas operator companies.
- Ability to travel 20-30% of time.
- Must be action oriented, ethical in value, and have a strong client focus.
- Good organizing, planning, and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be highly motivated with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Good leadership and project management skills are a plus.
- Ability to participate in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Fluent in Spanish and English. Portuguese would be a plus.
Argentinean resident. Willing to work in Buenos Aires. Company will not pay any relocation cost and / or housing cost. Willing to travel and work abroad as required.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: Argentina; Argentina; BUENOS AIRES
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network