Quality Site Leader (m/f)
- Job Function: Quality
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/16/2018 8:50:46 AM
- Job #: 3058446
- Location(s): Germany; Ahrensburg near Hamburg
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Quality Site Leader (QSL) is responsible for the management of quality at Ahrensburg site that belongs to GE Inspection Technologies GmbH.
In this role you are responsible for leading the local quality management system, implementation and analytics that improve the customer experience and enable operational improvements for the business and the site. This role is a great opportunity for talented Quality Engineers who are ready for their next career step or experienced Quality Managers.
- Quality Leader for Ahrensburg site
- Quality Leader for the global product line “Field Radiography” which includes Portable Xray tubes, Generators & detectors and Film scanners
- Responsible to manage (ensure, maintain and improve) site Quality Management System (QMS)
- Work closely with the site leadership to drive quality and LEAN programs, drive a continuous improvement culture and define actions to enable the site and product line to become best in class when it comes to the quality of products or services delivered
- Driving for things to be continuously improved, driving for quality first and foremost.
- Reduce Cost of Quality – develop and drive initiatives to reduce scrap, rework and warranty costs. Partner with materials and project teams to minimize inventory obsolescence
- Provide the technical leadership on problem identification, root cause, and overall resolution of customer complaints and quality issues
- Track and trend defects to develop and drive specific continuous improvement initiatives, plans and projects on site and product line level
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or science-based subject or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Significant experience in the Quality discipline
- Quality allrounder who is familiar to handle the systemic (QMS) as well as the operational daily quality business
- Strong personality and Change management experience
- Strong communication & Leadership skills
- Demonstrated expertise to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated understanding of product development lifecycles, design change and document change control, manufacturing/production process control methodology
- Deep understanding of Quality Management Systems incl. proven auditor skills
- Fluent German and English speaking and writing skills
- Lean Six Sigma GB
Locations: Germany; Ahrensburg near Hamburg
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network