- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/16/2018 9:51:13 AM
- Job #: 1802990
- Location(s): India; SIKKIM (11); KOCHI
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Scrum Master will be responsible for execution and further improvement of the Scrum process for two Software Development Teams. Be responsible for the coaching of team members on this methodology as it is implemented and used during the software development life cycle. You are facilitator, keeper of the process and a servant leader
· Be an excellent team player and team builder with strong communication skills and knowledge of servant leadership
· Organize and facilitate planning and refinement meetings, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives and other Scrum-related meetings
· Track, update and communicate team velocity, product/sprint backlogs and sprint/release progress
· Maintain process documentation
· Change management: ensure agreed to processes are fully implemented, e.g. sprint goals, D.O.D.
· Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
· Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
· Assist team with making appropriate commitments
· Search for the root cause of issues and resolve impediments
· Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
· Identify and share best practices among scrum masters and over all teams.
· Empower the teams to be self-organized to improve and reach their highest potential
· Have excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
· Hold your ground in difficult situations and be decisive
· Have the ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
· Have strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail and understand technical issues at a high level
· Are creative, persistent, assertive, disciplined, ‘self-motivated’ and self-organized.
· Are analytical: able to create reproducible reports using TFS, Excel, and SharePoint etc.
· Support the Product Owners and project leads if necessary
· At least 6 years of experience in a product development environment, either as developer or tester, of which at least 3 years as scrum master in an organization with at least 4 scrum teams.
· Experience with agile tracking systems, e.g. TFS
· Bachelor's degree or combination of relevant education and experience
· Certified Scrum Master
· Experience in collaborating with overseas teams (Europe/US)
· MCSD Certification
· Experience in the Oil and Gas industry
Cochin , India
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: India; SIKKIM (11); KOCHI
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network