Augmented Reality and Digital Technology Specialist
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/16/2018 1:52:59 PM
- Job #: 3066773
- Location(s): United States; Oklahoma; Oklahoma City
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Augmented Reality and Digital Technology Research Specialist will work with BHGE Oil & Gas Technology Center (OGTC) Research Engineers, GE/BHGE Emerging Technologies/Digital Technology organizations and Oil and Gas Industry research partners to bring innovative solutions to life in the lab as well as the field. This includes use of cutting-edge hardware and software in the development of the next generation of learning, training, and educational tools for oil and gas operators and customers
In the role of Augmented Reality and Digital Technology Specialist, you will:
- Work closely with the research teams to concept and iterate on product and use case ideas
- Prototype and build next generation AR/VR products in Unity/C#
- Build with the latest mixed reality hardware (HoloLens, Leap Motion, Vive/Rift/PSVR/Daydream)
- Support development of a software platform to expand the capability AR/VR devices to enable their application for a variety of oil & gas use cases.
- Support Predix apps housed within OGTC
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions to develop innovative VR/AR experiences
- Provide advice and experience to develop efficient production workflows
- Stay current with trends in the industry and identify technical innovations.
- Take ownership of project needs and communication.
- Work with a cross functional team while ensuring that assigned projects are being completed in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for other responsibilities and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (OR High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution and 4 years of experience working with Operational Technology and Information Technology in a research setting)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and be able to work in confined spaces
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
Locations: United States; Oklahoma; Oklahoma City
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network