Quality Assurance Engineer
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/21/2018 4:31:55 AM
- Job #: 3047951
- Location(s): India; Bangalore
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This is a dual role within the BHGE Field Services IT team primarily focused on QA. As QA Analyst you will be responsible for end to end testing, providing QA sign off, interact with product owners & scrum teams on day to day basis to ensure the business process are implemented with desired quality standards. As BA, you will be the conduit between our customers & our internal teams translating requirements to detailed stories for the development teams on critical projects.
As a Business Analyst
• Understanding the complete landscape of a business process across Field Services organizations
• Help craft requirements/user stories working closely with the functional/Product owner
• Analysis of requirements/user story with IT teams from a design and development perspective
• Work with different stakeholders to have Requirements Traceability Matrix and ensure it captures various scenarios to have all requirements tested properly.
• Analytic, creative and business focused problem solver; take a problem and express it as stories and tasks for developers
• Act as advisory, consultant to development teams and product owners
As a Quality Analyst
• Establish test strategy (functional/Non-functional) & develop test plans
• Develop test cases both manual & automation scripts as needed
• Identify and automate test scripts as per defined automation framework
• Managing integration testing with different upstream and downstream application teams
• Executing test scripts in various cycles of the project
• Analyzing defects and tracking them up to closure
• Handle Defect resolution discussions with scrum teams to drive on-time availability of critical fixes
• Drive quality standards through test measurement metrics as per industry defined standards
• Develop visual artifacts, flow diagrams to depict the user requirements and design
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering with experience in development & testing of business applications and technologies
• 4-7 years of QA experience in ServiceMax or Salesforce
• Trained/Certified in testing tools or test automation frameworks
• ServiceMax or Salesforce certification is a plus
• Hands on working experience in ServiceMax or Salesforce development, business process analysis, design & testing
• Knowledge of full life cycle system/application development methodologies, processes, and techniques
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must have been part of at least 2 full projects from start to finish
• Experience in business analysis
• Ability to work in a globally distributed team environment
Locations: India; Bangalore
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network