Workshop Technicians - Uganda
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Entry-Level
- Posted Date: 2/21/2018 4:38:07 AM
- Job #: 3060278
- Location(s): Uganda; Kampala
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Specialist provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
This is a talent search initiative aimed at identifying and pipelining workshop technicians with completions experience. When the vacancy becomes available, we will review this pool for suitable candidates.
- Perform assigned tasks including definition, approach, analysis, review, and implementation- on schedule and within budget
- Make technical decisions by applications of specialized knowledge / skills
- Recommend technical approach, required resources, and schedule interfaces with other Engineering Departments, Centers of Excellence, Manufacturing, Quality, Sourcing, Global Research Center, and Suppliers as required
- Interface with customer organizations to assure requirements are met
- Leverage prior work where appropriate
- Communicate status and problems to project leaders and management
- Document results, participate in program reviews, and prepare invention disclosures where appropriate
- Provide training and direction to technicians
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field from a reputable organisation
- 0-4 years of relevant experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
Locations: Uganda; Kampala
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network