Project Engineer (Cementing) - Uganda
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/21/2018 4:47:28 AM
- Job #: 3061084
- Location(s): Uganda; Kampala
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Develops and applies skills required to pump less complex cementing jobs without supervision at the well site. Accurately completes all paperwork prior to or upon completion of job.
This is a talent search initiative aimed at identifying and pipelining Engineers with cementing experience. When the vacancy becomes available, we will review this pool for suitable candidates.
- Daily contact with Operators, technical representative for planning of the cementing
- Daily contact with Ops Coordinator for planning of the cementing or pumping services
- Design of cement slurries and spacers designs necessary for the conditions of each well section
- Coordination and direction to the Cementing laboratory for testing requirements, heating requirements based on simulations, static gel strength, mechanical properties, gas block validation on critical slurries, etc.
- Run computer simulations to determine BHCT, fluid design, volumes and pump rates as designed for actual hole conditions
- Perform cement sheath stress analysis simulation
- Develop detailed documented work programs and procedures for each job and support budget development with client
- Work closely with drilling fluids provider to optimise mud performance prior to conducting cement job
- Provide required input to discharge permits and waste management plan with ongoing follow up to keep client informed of actual operations and discharge permit management
- Work closely with client and contractor personnel to insure active involvement in operations
- Reporting material balance into client reporting systems
- Follow up and review of job evaluation with client and recommendations for continuous improvement
- Engineering Degree or any related field from a reputable organisation
- Previous technical working experience in similar position
- Preferred 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Ability to read technical drawings/schematics;
- Good write and verbal communications skills.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work with project management tools
- Team oriented – ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with stressful situations and problem solve during customer conversations and escalations.
- Demonstrated clear thinking skills as evidenced by the ability to sift through complex information and focus on the critical priorities and translate strategy into business objectives with clear accountability.
Locations: Uganda; Kampala
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network