Senior Workshop Technician - Uganda
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/21/2018 4:47:30 AM
- Job #: 3061129
- Location(s): Uganda; Kampala
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Under limited supervision, performs mechanical assemble, maintenance and overhaul on equipment. Works to pre-defined procedures in line with established works practices and quality standards. Conducts all businesses activities in accordance with BHGE core and values .
This is a talent search initiative aimed at identifying and pipelining technicians with completions experience. When the vacancy becomes available, we will review this pool for suitable candidates.
- Maintains, tests, and assembles products, tools, and sub-assemblies for operations.
- Work to pre-defined procedures in line with established work practices.
- Complete tool inspections in accordance with engineering drawings.
- Data entry database to input and access the necessary. Maintain data records.
- Repetitive use of hands and wrists while using hand tools.
- Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures.
- Assembles complex components as per assembly drawings.
- Applies calibration settings and maintains assembly tools.
- Perform functional testing on the assemblies, in compliance with engineering standards, and as per customer and division criteria.
- Technical Diploma or degree in a Mechanical field or related field
- Preferred 7 + years relevant industry experience ( airline, military, oil field, automotive, etc)
- Good write and verbal communications skills.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to use common hand tools
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance documents drawings, parts lists and follow formal procedures.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Basic computer skills
- Basic in use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes
Locations: Uganda; Kampala
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network