Product Owner- LWD
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/21/2018 5:51:51 AM
- Job #: 1802993
- Location(s): India; SIKKIM (11); KOCHI
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the .
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Experienced field engineer with at least 5 years job experience in the area of tool communication (calibration, setup / configuration and monitoring of tools and communication system)
· Continuously work with Technology to translate business requirements and statement of requirements into design solutions (Agile Product Development)
· Responsible for defining, refining and communicating the product vision
· Support and advise Product Line and Operations should trade-offs be required. Explain the actual impact to the field and the customer
· Planning and execution of testing products and services under downhole conditions at Baker Hughes test well sites (BETA)
· Planning and execution of new product deployments at customer onshore and offshore well locations worldwide
· Documenting findings from products tests. Ensuring all pertinent performance and operational data are collected and analyzed. Providing feedback on operational aspects to engineers in Technology
· Responsible for grooming the backlog and applying prioritization that defines the order in which teams consume work
· Communicate business and customer value to the team in a manner that sparks innovative thought
· Work closely with Agile team members, particularly the Agile Business Analyst, and is the final arbiter of requirements conflicts and/or questions
· Works to define the acceptance criteria for user stories
· Accepts/rejects the delivered code from within each Sprint
· Responsible for making ongoing decisions to continue development down the current path
· Makes the final decision whether or not to ship product to customers
· Communicate portfolio and project updates to business stakeholders
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. 5+ years’ experience in related field.
· Very good skills in tasks related to all operation phases which are not limited to:
o Direct tool interaction
o General monitoring of communication systems.
o Memory dump / export
o Diagnose and re run decision
· Solid background and strong working knowledge across a broad range of directional drilling tools and services. Must be proficient in best operating practices for common directional drilling and LWD activities. Relevant, recent field experience is desirable
· A proven ability to recognize, analyze and solve technical issues, coupled with a process oriented working style
· Strong analytical skills, comfortable with abstract, conceptual thinking regarding to processes, workflows, and technical systems
· Fluent in written technical English and experienced with Baker Hughes drilling software packages, as well as common office software. Clear language and communication skills are paramount
· The ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
· Available for up to 50% of travel during commercial launch of the product/service
· Very good knowledge in monitoring and maintaining all activities around a tool communication system.
· Good understanding of wired pipe and EM-Telemetry systems.
· Experience soliciting requirements from customers, building business cases, evaluating customer priorities and creating a release based on business value
· Project management experience in a matrixed environment
Cochin , India
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: India; SIKKIM (11); KOCHI
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network