Litigation Paralegal (Litigation) Houston, TX
- Job Function: Legal
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/21/2018 5:52:14 AM
- Job #: 1802878
- Location(s): United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Litigation Paralegal in Houston, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, BHGE offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
Under direct supervision of one or more attorney(s):
- Gathers and organizes documents and other information for discovery responses, subpoenas, or other requests
- Maintains, updates, and monitors database of litigation matters and document productions
- Schedules important dates, tracks legal documents served on the company, and ensures optimal workflow
- Generates monthly and quarterly reports and creates presentations
- Communicates service of legal process and document hold notices,
- Assists in legal research
- Assists in document retention, including the maintenance of litigation files, tracking systems, and archives
- Assists with maintenance/payment of outside counsel bills
- Supports other members of the litigation team
- Performs additional duties as necessary
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years solid experience in a legal environment
- Knowledge of legal terminology and processes
- Standard docketing ability
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, and Guidance legal software
- Highly organized
- Solid time-management skills
- Must be able to multi-task, with the ability to handle competing and changing priorities
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Graduate of ABA-approved paralegal program
- Bachelor’s degree
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network