Remote Operations Specialist (Remote Operations & Managed Services) Houston, TX
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/21/2018 5:52:45 AM
- Job #: 1802721
- Location(s): United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Remote Operations and Managed Services group is looking for a dynamic individual with 5+ years of direct oilfield experience in MWD/LWD, Surface Data Logging Systems, or Mud logging and at least 3 years of industry experience with real-time monitoring of remote operations. The position is based in BHGE’s Houston 24/7 Drilling Support Center where you will be responsible for maintaining the quality and monitoring of real-time drilling data and incident management. The role is demands a high level of understanding of remote drilling operations and will challenge your ability to perform in a high paced, customer facing environment. The work schedule is a 7 days on / 7 days off rotation.
- Support and monitoring real-time data via BHGE’s proprietary WellLink Digital application portfolio.
- Ensure continuous delivery (QA) and quality (QC) of real-time data in accordance with established service agreements.
- Liaise with Operator personnel in remote drilling operations.
- Provide application support to well site and office based customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering, Drilling Engineering, Geological Science or related fields.
- 5+ years of experience in oilfield operations.
- In-depth understanding of all drilling practices and rig operations across a wide range of environments.
- Ability to analyze and interpret real-time data it relates to drilling operations.
- High level of understanding and proven ability in data management, including proficiency in WITS and WITSML standards.
- Advanced use of MS Office software applications.
- Excellent communication and technical reporting skills in providing customer support.
- Highly motivated, focused, hands-on, results-oriented, strong drive for excellence.
- Possesses interpersonal skills with ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work individually and within a team environment.
- Incident management systems experience.
- Basic trouble shooting skills.
- Strong desire to develop and grow in knowledge and experience.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network