Sr Quality Assurance Engineer
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/22/2018 12:55:56 PM
- Job #: 3067959
- Location(s): India; Mumbai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for testing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Contributes to quality engineering discussions. Owns medium sized quality engineering tasks; and delivers while mentoring and helping team members.
• Makes technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact.
• Applies principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
• Expert in core data structures and algorithms. Integrates project testing with continuous-integration process.
• Works with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions. Demonstrates the ability to understand, debug and contribute to code base.
• Demonstrates the ability to drive team change for the betterment of the product quality.
• Provides expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project.
• Provide mentorship to junior level engineers and help them grow to the next level.
• Develops and executes maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
•Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program/product requirements.
• Must be able to build software scripts to simulate/automate certain tasks.
• Work hand in hand with Software and Hardware engineers.
• Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers.
• Document and communicate results of technical data generated.
• Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives.
• Share information and promote open dialogue.
•Come up with Acceptance tests for user stories,
• Execute tests manually.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience
•Database/PostGres/Timeseries/SQL/Oracle knowledge and experience of Windows/Unix/Linux.
• Experience of testing Web, client server and GUI applications.
• Familiar with methods and techniques of structured reviews.
• Experience of working in an environment with strict quality procedures. *
• Effective oral expression and written expression, easy contact, adaptable, can foster team spirit.
• Excellent Planning and organizational skills.
• Excellent communicator and team player:
• Experience working in Agile development environment.
• Good knowledge of Mathematics will be highly desirable.
Locations: India; Mumbai
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network