Senior Hazard Communication Specialist (Upstream Chemicals) - Sugarland, TX
- Job Function: Environmental Health & Safety
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/21/2018 7:51:54 PM
- Job #: 1802517
- Location(s): United States; Texas; SUGAR LAND
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only full-stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Senior Hazard Communication Specialist in Sugar Land, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, BHGE offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
The Senior Hazard Communication Specialist will be responsible for performing product hazard reviews under Western Hemisphere hazard communication and transportation regulations; preparing complex hazard communication documents such as labels, SDSs and BOLs; responding to customer product safety/regulatory inquiries and assisting in hazard communication training.
- M.S./Ph.D. in Chemistry, Toxicology or a closely related science
- 5+ years of hazard communication and transportation regulations experience
- Possess a working knowledge of US, Canadian and International hazard communication and transportation regulations.
- A working knowledge of Sphera’s Intelligent Authoring (IA), SDS software, and the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) is highly desirable.
- Exceptional organization and communication skills are required along with the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; SUGAR LAND
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network