Industrial Equipment Tech (Supply Chain) Oklahoma, City
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/22/2018 12:51:14 PM
- Job #: 1803346
- Location(s): United States; Oklahoma; OKLAHOMA CITY
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
BHGE has an opening for a CNC Maintenance Tech / Electrician – Motors Manufacturing at our facility in Oklahoma City, OK. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, BHGE offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization.
- Ensures adherence EHS policies and guidelines such as but not limited to, LOTO, Permit to Work, PPE, Rolling Equipment, and Rotating Equipment.
- Ensures operation of CNC machines and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on machining lathes and mills, motors, pneumatic tools, and production equipment; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates root cause of problems by using sound troubleshooting methods to ensure that repairs are permanent and minimize costly downtime.
- Uses precision measuring and testing instruments to ensure machine accuracy.
- Install, service, troubleshoot, and repair all types of machine control components including, but not limited to; motor drives, controllers, sensors, switches, breakers, overloads, power supplies.
- Contact and interact with contractors for maintenance issues requiring outside expertise
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of spare parts for all machines to minimize downtime
- Inspect and maintain existing equipment using tools, such as voltmeters and PC-based diagnostic software.
- Assist the Lead Maintenance Technician with preventive and predictive maintenance on the facilities CNC and production machinery when necessary.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience as an industrial maintenance electrician / CNC technician.
- Technical diploma or Associates degree in Electronics or Mechanical systems.
- Demonstrated experience in electrical and/or electronic and mechanical maintenance including motors, controls, AC/DC theory, power supplies, power distribution, PLC's, hydraulics/pneumatics, lubrication, power transmission, pumps.
- Demonstrated ability to follow all established safe work procedures including, but not limited to personal protection equipment, permit to work, safety lockout/tag-out, confined space, and elevated work areas.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical parts manuals such as electrical and mechanical diagrams, gages, meters, calipers and other measuring tools.
- Use all required hand and power tools including, but not limited to: drill, saw, torch, and jacks, as well as ladders, cranes, high lift, and other maintenance equipment.
- Willing to work across shifts to support plant uptime, and output goals.
- Experience with Mazak, Mori Seiki, Okuma, Kuka, ABB, Allen Bradley PLC control systems.
- High energy with strong ownership of unplanned downtime metric.
- Advanced level of analytical ability to find solutions to complex technical problems.
- Advanced computer skills
Oklahoma City, OK
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Oklahoma; OKLAHOMA CITY
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network