Field Specialist (Artificial Lift) - Prudhoe Bay, AK
- Job Function: Field Operations
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/22/2018 3:53:52 PM
- Job #: 1803205
- Location(s): United States; Alaska; PRUDHOE BAY
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport, and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a rotational Field Specialist IV – ALS in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. Under minimal supervision the employee will supervise / oversee the installation and pulling of complex Electrical Submersible Pump (ESP) systems and associated equipment in offshore and onshore oil and water wells.
- Install & Pull ESP Systems
- Monitor, trouble shoot, and test down-hole ESP equipment
- Perform set-up and start-ups of Centrilift Motor Controllers and VSD’s
- Fully familiar with VSD input and output
- Work with Customer SCADA to install and wire-in new VSD’s and or surface readout packages
- Familiar with all ESP sub-completion assemblies and components i.e. Hangers, Power Feed Thru’s, Wellheads, Valves, Packers, etc.
- Monitor production to maximize well productivity and improve ESP run life
- Keep accurate records of all work performed
- Provide expertise and consults the customer on work completed and in process
Qualifications / Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as an Artificial Lift Field Specialist
- Attention to detail
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office
- Team player
- Customer focused & good communicator
- Must be able to work away from home for extended periods of time
- Oil and Gas Field experience is preferred
- Integrated Control System (ICS) experience a plus
Candidate must pass a fit for duty evaluation. Frequent travel is required and the position is rotational either: 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off or 3 weeks on / 3 weeks off. Rotational schedule can be irregular during times of high activity.
Prudhoe Bay, AK
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Alaska; PRUDHOE BAY
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network