Chemical Technician (Downstream) Sweeny, TX
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/23/2018 5:52:38 PM
- Job #: 1803366
- Location(s): United States; Texas; SUGAR LAND
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Chemical Technician needed to support the efforts of a site team at a refinery. Work closely with the site manager and account manager to provide successful chemical treatment program support for a valuable customer. They will conduct routine chemical inventories, chemical fills, lab analyses by running tests required for customer account maintenance and development. Assist in chemical treatments for water, wastewater, and process applications, finished fuel tanks, and chemical pump maintenance. Working independently at times or within a team to complete projects.
- Work with pumps, generators, hoses, and fittings
- Chemical transferring & deliveries
- Forklift operations - moving materials, components and other products
- Collection of process samples
- Daily laboratory testing of oil and water samples to insure conformance to key chemical treatment parameters
- Documentation and submittal of lab results to account managers
- Ordering and inventory of lab supplies and general lab maintenance
- Assist account managers with in plant duties including loading/unloading treatment chemicals, chemical pump monitoring, chemical tank inventories, chemical injection system repair
- Managing chemical treatments
- Performing other duties as needed.
- Communicating and building relationships with operators and other customers within the facility.
- High School Diploma with 5+ year exp. in a lab environment Industrial or chemical / refinery plant experience or Associate’s Degree with 3+ years experience or Bachelor’s degree with 2 years experienceChemical plant or refinery experience
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug & Alcohol Testing Requirements
- Mechanical aptitude
- Clean driving record
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Night and weekend call-out availability
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Forklift experience
- Adept at critical thinking and troubleshooting
- Laboratory experience using wet chemistry testing methods
- Knowledge of how to perform water and wastewater treatment tests
- Experience handling hazardous materials
- Experience working with pumps, generators, hoses and fittings
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; SUGAR LAND
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network