X-Ray Integration Technician
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Entry-Level
- Posted Date: 2/26/2018 6:51:20 PM
- Job #: 3069463
- Location(s): United States; Texas; Pasadena, Houston
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The X-Ray Integration Technician will perform diversified duties required to test and calibrate Digital Radiography (DR) Detectors, Computed Radiography (CR) Scanners, and Film Scanners. The technician will also be required to integrate the DR and CR equipment with customer selected computer, computer accessories, and software into a functional Field Radiography System. In certain circumstances you may be required to troubleshoot and repair non-conforming product.
In the role of X-Ray Integration Technician, you will:
- Be able to read and understand diagnostic data and work within limits of prescribed procedures
- Work from specifications, technical manuals, schematics and written / verbal instruction
- Compile, record, and save all test results
- Devise procedures, plan work sequences, and perform complex test operations
- Perform extensive testing procedures to ensure equipment meets specifications
- Troubleshoot and diagnose system and software issues
- Repair X-ray technology and equipment
- Calibrate and prepare products for shipping
- Create technical documentation for each instrument under test
- Understand and apply ISO 9001 guidelines for procedures and documentation
- Assist in the development and continuous improvement of procedures associated documentation
- Manage million-dollar equipment inventory within assigned work center
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships
- Provide technical support and interface with customer care, sales and customers on an as required basis to ensure customer satisfaction and product quality
- Continually look to improve the process and develop a better way
- Keep work center clean and orderly
- Help support other work cells as needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics or Computer Technology from an accredited college or university (OR High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution with a minimum 3 years of experience in radiography)
- Minimum 1 years of experience in radiography
- Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
- Push, pull, lift, bend and complete other physical activities as necessary
- Be in a shop environment primarily standing and sitting, as required
- Lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Experience working with ERP System
- Ability to work according to assembly and test procedures / methods in an ever-changing environment
- Advanced computer skills / knowledge required to re-image and backup computer system or assembly and test of electronic equipment
- Ability and willingness to pass and maintain X-ray Operator Certification
- Experience working from assembly prints and schematics
- NPI experience
- Lean mindset
Locations: United States; Texas; Pasadena, Houston
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network