Intern - technical documents (m/w)
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Co-op/Intern
- Posted Date: 2/27/2018 7:52:09 AM
- Job #: 3071058
- Location(s): Germany; Wunstorf
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The technical writer will creates internal technical documents, instructions, manuals or newsletters for field service technician in English and German. The content of the documentation contains mainly step-by-step work instructions, troubleshooting guides, installation or maintenance checklists for systems to radiographic quality assurance. Also he will assist to improve already existing technical documentation and training material for the service organization.
- Creation of new and product-specific technical documentation or instruction manuals for service technician
- Updating and editing of already released documentation due to technical changes
- Correcting grammar and spelling mistakes as well as checking documentation for technical content
- Synchronization and formatting of bilingual documents in English and German
- Support in the handling of documents for translation by a translation agency. Received translations need technically be checked.
- Assistance of creating and sending technical newsletter by given distribution lists in the manner of document and technical changes
- Supporting the creation and distribution of a technical newsletter for revision documents. using pre-defined distribution lists
- Support in the release of new documents, publishing in final document storage and administration of original or final documents
- Close communication with engineering and production departments
- Strong technical writing skills in English and German and attention to detail
- Strong PC skills, including MS Word. MS PowerPoint and MS Excel experience
Theoretic imagination and creativity for the implementation of documentation tasks in mechanical, basic software and electrical engineering fields
Locations: Germany; Wunstorf
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network