Ball Launching Field Technician - Red Deer/GP
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/27/2018 4:54:43 PM
- Job #: 3069483
- Location(s): Canada; Alberta; Red Deer
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 37,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Making the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity our highest priorities is The Way We Work. Our technologies and services include: surface and subsea drilling and production, monitoring and diagnostics, measurement and controls, large-scale LNG, pipeline compression and inspection, well site and industrial power generation, technologies for the refining and petrochemical industries, and modular CNG and LNG units for transportation sectors. Through our customized service solutions, training programs and technologies, GE Oil & Gas partners with customers to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability; develop their next generation workforce; and fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Field Service Technician will perform duties in the installation, repair, removal, and maintenance of Ball Launching equipment on customer well sites within the geographical area of assignment. This position will be filled in Red Deer or Grande Prairie.
Initially under the guidance or instruction of an experienced ball launcher Supervisor Field Service Technician, the incumbent will undertake any or all of the following:
• Install, repair and maintain equipment at the well site by running lunching operations. Perform repair, Ball lunching lubrication, rigging up and rigging down equipment and operation during frac.
• Repair, assemble, test, maintain tools, and customer equipment.
• Organize, select, and arrange shipment of equipment.
• Maintain all GE property, including truck, service tools, phone, computer equipment, etc. in a clean and ready state.
• Prepare service tickets and detailed Job Safety Analysis (JSA) requirements.
• Promote and perform any field service oriented sales and maintain a confident customer relationship for the company.
• Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety, and environmental regulations.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management or indicated by
• Must be willing to travel and assist in other Branch locations as required.
• A valid class 5 license
• a minimum of five years in wellhead service including supervisory experience (required)
• Proficient with Hydraulic and manual lubricators
• Experience with side entry tool
• Knowledge of Hydraulic Fracturing operations especially on launching systems
• Prior wellhead assembly and wellhead repair experience is preferable
• Experience with Frac watch
• Has proven service and safety record.
• Must communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
• Must be available and willing to travel to customer locations and with such frequency as the employer determines necessary to meet its business needs, including scheduled weekends.
• The candidate must be willing to work independently (after proper training) and be a self-starter.
Locations: Canada; Alberta; Red Deer
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network